Tuesday, 16 July 2013

(Review) Marcel Marongiu in Raspberry







I think it’s become a tradition for mom to gift me Oriflame lip glosses 
for my birthday but hey! Who’s complaining? Not me, that’s for sure!
This time mom bought a Marcel Marongiu (whoever he is) lip-gloss in raspberry.  

Read on to see how it scores on Unhealthy Obsessions.




Oh but before I go on about the lipstick, remember the national level debate I'd mentioned in my previous post? Well, honestly, I sucked next to the others there but the exposure was wonderful and I'm already looking forward for the next debate which will be held next year.

Next up, I have photography and makeup contest but I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend it. I ended up spraining my leg yesterday. How? That’s the best part! There was nothing and no one in my way! I just tripped over my own two feet. What can I say? I'ma klutz!

Now, on with the review…

The Product:
I’m reviewing a lip gloss by Oriflame in the Marcel Marongiu line in Raspberry. It’s a pretty matte shade in raspberry pink. It’s perfect for everyday use.







The Packaging:  
It comes  in a transparent tube allowing you to check out the color of the gloss plus you get to know when the gloss is almost over. I find the packaging very chic because of the silhouette of the woman in silver. It gives a very elegant yet funky twist to it.








The applicator:
I like the applicator. It’s easy to use and even spreading the gloss over my lips is easy unlike the gloss booster lip-gloss from oriflame (Review coming up soon) where spreading the gloss on my lips evenly is a herculean task.





Texture, Coverage and Staying Power:
The gloss is thick and sticky but not so thick that you cannot spread it properly. The stickiness gives it more staying power. It gives a sheer coverage, but it’s such a pretty shade I’m going to embark on a lipstick hunt to try and find the same shade. I like the staying power, which is pretty good when compared to my other glosses. IT lasts for about two hours even with my licking and drinking water. But if I eat anything, I have to go in for a light touch up.

Fragrance:
I luuuuurve the fragrance. It has a very fruity smell, perfect for summer.

Price:
329 INR for 14 ml.

Swatches:

Without flash

With Flash



 Pros:
♥ Has a long lasting power
♥ Smells yummy
♥ Can be used at anytime of the day or even night
♥ Applicator is easy to use
♥ Affordable, especially for so much of product. It’ll probably last me for a year or two.

Cons:
♥ Availability might be an issue
♥ People with pigmented lips might not like it

Rating - ♥♥♥/♥♥♥♥

So what do you think about the Marcel Marongiu lip-gloss?

Love,

Serena xoxo 

1 comment:

Hey there! I love finding little notes in my lair. It makes me so happy! So feel free to leave a comment! Links are entertained as long as they're not spam!
xoxo

Garnier Ultra Blends 5 precious herbs (Shampoo+Conditioner)

Hallo there minions! ^_^ I’m back! I got really busy with college (That’s right! I’m in college  now! *evil laugh*) and li...