Tuesday 13 August 2013

Summer Haven (For your lips) - The LipIce lip balm in Lemon




I’m so sorry for not updating! MY journalist friend broke his camera so he needed mine and I ended up with no cam to take photos! Sigh! But now that I have it back, let the updates begin! Well not really… You see, my quarterly exams are going to start soon so… But I swear I’ll update whenever I can!
I’ve been wanting to buy this lip balm for donkey’s years, literally (No, not really!), before finally getting the opportunity to do so in Hyderabad. LipIce is unfortunately not available in Vizag so I have to order it online which I’m just too lazy to do.




Anyways, I bought the lemon flavored lip balm because I’m a very citrusy person. I love anything that smells like lemons.  *sniffs* Do I smell lemons? *sniffs some more* Ah! Must be the lemon cake I’m baking!
See? I’m OBSESSED with lemon! :P

Anyway, this lip balm has become my favorite lip balm and I cannot live without it. And do you know the best part about this lip balm? It has menthol and camphor in it! So whenever I apply it, it’s like I have a mini AC focused on my lips! *goes and adds another layer of balm*

The product:
 I’m reviewing the LipIce lip balm in Lemon. It claims to be Japan’s number one lip care brand and also promises lips that are always soft, fresh and natural.

Its combination of lanolin and mineral oil help moisturize lips to prevent chapping and drying, plus SPF 15 helps protect your lips from damage due to UV rays.


Ingredients:

Mineral oil, Ozokerite, Petrolatum, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Octyl Salicylate, Lanolin, flavor, dimethicone, Menthol, Camphor.

Fragnance:

Unfortunately, this balm smells a lot like camphor and menthol rather than lemons. But it does have a pretty distinct lemony scent and I love it. But other people might not like it much because it has a really, really strong fragrance. The smell however, doesn’t come onto your lips, so no worries.
Just an FYI, My mom says it smells like a hospital. And don’t pelt me with stones or anything but I, I love the smell of… Hospitals. There! It’s out in the open! Please don’t hate me!

Texture:

The lip balm is really smooth. It glides onto your lips easily. However, it doesn’t give your lips a glossy coat like other lip balms, translate Nivea. It just gives your lips a healthy glow and I don’t know why, but I feel it has a plumping effect on my lips.

Other features:

As I mentioned earlier, due to the menthol and camphor this lip balm has a cooling effect on your lips and the thicker the layer applied, the stronger the effect.

Staying power:

This has a pretty long staying power. Three hours max and two hours if you eat something. Even after it disappears your lips feel so soft and kissable. The cooling effect however, stays on for just ten minutes or so but those ten minutes are like pure bliss. This lip balm is perfect for summer.

Price:

120 INR per piece. It’s pretty darn affordable if you ask me. And it’s totally worth it!  


Pros:
 Has a long staying power
 Has SPF 15
 Affordable
 Has a cooling effect, perfect for summer
 ♥ Many different flavors available like lemon, orange, strawberry, blueberry


Cons:
 Has a very strong fragrance
 Availability might be an issue

Rating - ♥♥♥1/2 / 4

Question Have you ever tried the LipIce lipbalms? And do you know any other lip balm with the same cooling properties?

Cheers!
Serena xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I love finding little notes in my lair. It makes me so happy! So feel free to leave a comment! Links are entertained as long as they're not spam!
xoxo

Garnier Ultra Blends 5 precious herbs (Shampoo+Conditioner)

Hallo there minions! ^_^ I’m back! I got really busy with college (That’s right! I’m in college  now! *evil laugh*) and li...